Beyond the most popular tourist attractions in Cape Town while the seemingly endless directory of activities in Cape Town, you can find few places on the planet that may match the scenic diversity of South Africa’s Western Cape. That is where mountains meet with the sea in scenes of dramatic contrast, and rows of vineyards stretch across valleys and hills. Through the Garden approach to the summit of Table Mountain, from the fishing villages along the West Coast to the welcoming towns of the Karoo, the Western Cape is home to a staggering quantity of must-see attractions.
What You’ll Discover
- Explore the Western Cape to realize world-class wines, unspoiled beaches, whale watching, contrasting landscapes (that change as dramatically as the current weather), adventure activities, and also the diverse ecosystems regarding the Indian and Atlantic Oceans, which meet in the southern tip of Africa. Inspite of the beautiful natural surrounds, you may soon realize that the list of places of interest in Cape Town therefore the Western Cape extend far beyond the most common sun, sea and surf.
- With three incredible Sun International casinos and hotels conveniently positioned to offer a wealth of things you can do in Cape Town, we’ll make sure you experience the best that this remarkable corner of South Africa is offering.
Explore Cape Town’s Tourist Attractions
- There are many factors why Cape Town is Africa’s darling. With bragging rights to Table Mountain, its close proximity to Robben Island and some of the best beaches on the planet, Cape Town promises an unbeatable number of activities. The list of things you can do in Cape Town is just restricted to the duration of one’s stay as well as your imagination.
- Situated on the V&A Waterfront, The Table Bay hotel enjoys the most effective address in Cape Town, and is perfectly positioned within easy reach of the most extremely popular places of interest in Cape Town. Not just does the central location provide for comfortable access towards the best Western Cape activities, however the hotel offers you a luxury transfer and tour service in addition to ideas and itineraries for things to do in Cape Town.
- Whether or not it’s culinary delights in the finest restaurants and local eateries, luxury shopping or exploring Cape Town’s unique craft markets. Whether it’s a call to historical South African museums, a taste associated with nightlife in trendy Camps Bay or the views from the Table Mountain cableway, The Table Bay hotel offers both half-day and full-day luxury tours to give you the very best experiences that Cape Town, additionally the Western Cape, is offering.
- Explore South Africa’s oldest city and experience its unique diverse cultures, spectacular architecture, historical sights and awe-inspiring scenery.
Top Activities To Do In Cape Town
- Spend every single day exploring the V&A Waterfront. Probably the most popular shopping destinations in Africa, the V&A Waterfront is without a doubt the most visited tourist attractions in Cape Town. The Table Bay is the only hotel with immediate access to the world-class shopping and leisure destination. Visit the Two Oceans Aquarium during the waterfront to explore our unique underwater ecosystems.
- Take a ferry over the bay to explore Robben Island, where Nelson Mandela was once imprisoned. The guided tour through the prison will give you unique understanding of an amazing chapter of South Africa’s history. Whether you have planned a quick trip or a leisurely vacation – this will be probably one of the most historically significant locations in South Africa – and, therefore, one of the top tourist attractions in Cape Town.
- For history buffs who want more, there is a whole menu of choices to explore in Cape Town, from The Castle of great Hope to the museums across the historic Company’s Gardens. Take a trip through the colourful neighbourhoods of Bo-Kaap and historic District 6.
- Catch the Table Mountain Aerial Cableway to the summit of Table Mountain for a few of South Africa’s most famous views. Or follow among the numerous hiking trails that lead from the hustle and bustle for the city through the Table Mountain National Park.
- Have a picnic in the Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens. This has to be in your variety of activities to do in Cape Town in summer.
- Discover Cape Town’s culinary delights and eat at a few of South Africa’s best restaurants, including our personal Camissa, which serves up delectable fare by Executive Chef at The Table Bay, Jocelyn Myers-Adams. From hidden gems across the Constantia Wine Route like La Colombe, to inner-city gastronomical destinations such as the Test Kitchen, Cape Town is a food-lover’s paradise.
- Why don’t you take part in the ultimate foodie experience and carry on a Table Bay Food Foraging tour? This unique guided adventure through the town will provide you with an insight to the abundance of food growing on our doorsteps. Plus, Executive Chef Jocelyn Myers-Adams will turn your foraged bounty into a gourmet feast, in your honour.
- Spend your day at certainly one of Cape Town’s incredible beaches. There’s a reason the beaches regarding the Mother City remain popular tourist attractions in Cape Town, year in year out for guests from around the entire world.
- If entertainment is what you are after, why not head to GrandWest Casino and Entertainment World? Home to the only ice rink in Cape Town, plus the biggest casino within the Western Cape, you’re spoiled for choice at GrandWest. It really is probably one of the most fun activities to do in Cape Town when it rains.
- To get the best Cape Town live entertainment acts that range from cabaret to international performers, GrandWest Casino and Entertainment World is when you want to be.
Cape Town will be the jewel regarding the Western Cape, but there are numerous places to explore within easy reach for the city centre. In accordance with luxury tour services available as a guest of this Table Bay, exactly what are you looking forward to?
Top Attractions And Activities Near Cape Town
Top attractions and activities for day trips near Cape Town.
- Find the South Peninsula that stretches from world-famous Chapman’s Peak through Noordhoek and Simonstown to South Africa’s most dramatic stretch of coastline: Cape Point. The “warmer” bays associated with the South Peninsula form a picturesque backdrop to quaint seaside towns like Kalk Bay and Muizenberg, which make for an enjoyable day of vintiquing. Our half-day South Peninsula luxury tour comes with an optional boat trip to Seal Island and a trip to Boulders Beach, home of an original penguin colony.
- Just an hour’s drive from The Table Bay hotel in Cape Town, the estates associated with the Cape Winelands are fabled for producing award-winning wines in addition to serving incredible haute cuisine. Set against imposing mountains, the lush valleys of this winelands are yours to discover on a Table Bay hotel Winelands Tour, which include cellar tours and tastings at the best wineries in the region.
- Did you know? The Western Cape attracts a bevy of filmmakers from abroad when it comes to diversity of locations being offered. It is a world of destinations in a single easy to get at province, helping to make sense then that the West Coast feels as though somewhere out from the Mediterranean. Whitewashed fishing cottages and grey landscapes make up this stretch of shoreline, but come spring, the veld explodes in a burst of colourful wildflowers.
- If you are in Cape Town during September, make per day of it and set off to Hermanus for some satisfying whale watching.
The Gateway To The Boland
- The Golden Valley Casino and Lodge offers lots of things to do in Worcester, from playing slots and tables at most intimate casino in the Western Cape to enjoying regular live entertainment at Winners Sports Bar. Spend the afternoon poolside during the Golden Valley Lodge as the kids are entertained at Harry’s Corner, or make a meal of it at family-friendly Kuipers restaurant.
- The Golden Valley Casino and Lodge also provides the perfect launchpad from where to explore the Boland and also the many activities and attractions that this famously hospitable part of the Western Cape has to offer. From olive tasting to river rafting, there’s an adventure together with your name onto it.
Top Things To Do Near Golden Valley
- With Franschhoek and Paarl just around the corner, you have got usage of the best wine estates in the region, including Babylonstoren. For a unique winelands experience, select the hop-on hop-off winelands tram, which chugs past several notable estates. Alternatively, explore the Worcester wine route that forms part of Cape Route 62, the longest wine route on earth.
- Wildlife lovers can carry on safari at nearby Big 5 Fairy Glen Private Game Reserve, while botany enthusiasts will like exploring the Karoo Desert National Botanical Gardens, famous for being the only true succulent gardens in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Play a round of golf at the Gary Player-designed Worcester Golf Club, or get the thrills rafting along the Breede River.
The most sought-after tourist attractions in Cape Town are yours to take pleasure from when staying with Sun International. Whatever it really is you’re in search of in terms of things you can do in Cape Town, Sun International has you covered with a wide range of activities and experiences.