Hunting for a few activities for couples in Cape Town? After 8 weeks into the city, we feel pretty confident we are able to share the very best romantic things to do in Cape Town. This is the longest time as a few we now have spent in every one place that we were not actually staying in. Of course, we fell deeply in love with Cape Town and even now our company is just a little sad to be leaving. With 2 months when you look at the city, we were certain to locate some romance.
Cape Town has just about everything you will need to make a happy life, great food, stunning vistas, friendly locals, and a plethora of adventure activities. That means there are a plethora of romantic activities to do in Cape Town do with your significant other. Not just one day was boring for people, so we wanted to point out a few of the most romantic things for individuals and couples to complete in Cape Town!
Stroll through Kirstenbosch Gardens
- A trip to Cape Town really isn’t complete without a stop at Kirstenbosch Gardens. Situated at the eastern foot of Table Mountain could be the beautiful 528 hectare garden with five of the six South African biomes. There was plenty to see and do here when it comes to family; however, we loved having a romantic stroll regarding the treetop canopy. When our feet were planted back on the ground we spent the rest of the day strolling round the huge grounds and admiring the spectacular views of table mountain. I would recommend planning at the least a half every day at Kirstenbosch, and to try and visit on a sunny day!
Date night at the V&A Waterfront
- The Victoria & Alfred Waterfront is regarded as Cape Town’s shining stars and is definitely one of many tourist attractions into the city. It’s the most perfect spot to visit on a nice day and stroll across the harbor, try some artisanal food, or go searching for souvenirs. We always wound up at the waterfront on days where we had no clue how to handle it with ourselves.
- There’s always some form of entertainment here, which is just a lovely destination to relax. We decided to go to a few movies at the Nu Metro when it comes to grand price of R65. And you may dine at several of Cape Town’s finest establishments, or go crazy in food lovers paradise inside the Market on the Wharf. If you’re interested in things you can do in Cape Town through the night it is probably your best option.
Get out to Robben Island
- While you’re during the waterfront you may possibly as well book tickets to Robben Island. The waterfront could be the “gateway” to Robben Island and all ferries leave from here to take people to the famous site where Nelson Mandela spent 18 years of his life. As soon as you arrive at Robben Island you will go on to a guided bus tour that may take you to all the stops in the island. To the end associated with the tour, you’ll be met by a former inmate of Robben Island whom will walk you through the times of history and show you a number of the sad cells that political prisoners were obligated to stay in. Your whole Robben Island experience takes about 3.5 hours and costs R320.
Go for a walk (or run) together regarding the Sea Point promenade
- If you’re within the mood to take a walk somewhere then there is no better place in Cape Town as compared to Sea Point promenade. The promenade stretches for 11km around Seapoint overlooking the beautiful ocean. On the way, there are outdoor fitness parks, installation art, and swimming pools. Perfect place to come for sunrise or sunset in Cape Town.
Experience Table Mountain
- It’s likely that if you’re a visitor to Cape Town there is no way you’ll be missing Table Mountain. The impressive mountain landmark truly defines the beauty of Cape Town and draws people in from all over the world. There are 2 techniques for getting up, the cable car or a good hike. We did both plus they are equally enjoyable! Thoughts is broken at the very top, you will likely want a couple of hours to meander around, take into the views, and possess a glass of champagne within the cafe at the very top. There might be two ways up, but you will find infinite ways down. Try abseiling for an adrenaline rush!
Head to the end of Africa
- Yes, you may get to the tip of Africa from Cape Town! Cape Point is situated in the Cape of great Hope Nature Reserve and is where the Atlantic as well as the Indian Ocean collide. There are a few fantastic hiking trails, a cafe, a historic lighthouse, and also shipwreck alley. The cost to get involved with the reserve is R125, look at the hours for today here.
Watch the penguin show
- Imagine if I told you there was clearly a place near Cape Town where you could watch several thousand penguins waddle, dance, and speak with you? Well, there is! Okay, they aren’t really “talking” to you personally, however they do make that noise that penguins make. A half-hour drive from the center of Cape Town is Boulders Beach, a beach where humans can observe wild African penguins at a ridiculously close range. It is probably the most fun things to do in Cape Town for couples! The price to look at penguins is R65. It really is a protected area of the Table Mountain National Park, as well as the penguin colony was reintroduced here and from the time chances are they have flourished. With nice boardwalks looping round the main beach, Foxy Beach, visitors can observe the funny birds without interfering making use of their natural way of living.
Have a romantic dinner in Cape Town
- If you want a night out together night idea you can’t make a mistake with dinner and drinks. There is something for eating for all in Cape Town. From sushi to Ethiopian cuisine, to a multicultural show with African flair there is no way you will definitely go hungry in this city. So go enjoy one another’s’ company and possess an enchanting dinner out at among the numerous nice restaurants in the city. The good thing about dinner out? Dining in Cape Town is incredibly affordable on a worldwide level – so go right ahead and get that extra glass of delicious Stellenbosch wine!
Put some color into your life!
- If you’re on Instagram, then then you have observed photos of this Bo-Kaap neighborhood of Cape Town. The extremely colorful buildings of this Cape Malay neighborhood causes it to be a favorite stop for tourists with cameras and another of the finest places to go in Cape Town. Take the time and prevent by to get your photos in! Bo-Kaap is within walking distance to the Cape Town CBD.
Find some adventure in
- I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, but there are numerous serious adventurous things to do in Cape Town. From Seal Snorkeling to Canyoneering, and even bungee jumping off the world’s highest bungee bridge it is impossible you may go bored in this city. Go right ahead and egg one another on to do something crazy. These adventures can turn into one of the more romantic things to do in Cape Town! And science does say physical exercise together increases intimacy and communication.
Enjoy a weekend during the Bay Harbour Market
- Every weekend at 31 Harbour Rd the town of Hout Bay assumes on some of the finest bakers, artisans, artists, and food creators in Cape Town. You can easily come here to obtain almost anything to consume, but probably the fish is what many of the booths specialize in. Don’t come full or with an empty wallet because everything coming soon looks delicious, in addition to handicrafts are unique.
Drive Chapman’s Peak
- If you’re without a vehicle in Cape Town, I highly recommend renting one for at the very least the day in order to drive Chapman’s Peak. This might be certainly one of the world’s most scenic drives and is definitely worth the R42 toll to operate a vehicle about this beautiful road together. Probably one of the most romantic places in Cape Town is the Tintswalo Atlantic hidden along Chapmen’s peak. It’s definitely a splurge-worthy stay for a romantic weekend getaway in Cape Town.
Admire the road art
- Woodstock is a hip neighborhood in Cape Town undergoing some serious gentrification right now. So what does that mean? Amazing street art into the city! We enjoyed a day of walking around and snapping photos of the many impressive street art in the region together. There are lots of cafes to duck into such as the Old Biscuit Mill, that is best visited on Saturdays.
Carry on a Hop on Hop Off Tour
- Have only a couple of days to explore the Mother City together? Perhaps taking a sightseeing bus tour of the city is the better bang for buck at R170. It may not look like one of the more romantic activities to do in Cape Town, and I know sometimes these tours seem just a little touristy. However, it is actually a great way of getting round the city together and visiting most of the notable sites into the city.
Hike up Lion’s Head
- A hike up Lion’s Head is much less effort than hiking Table Mountain, but with exactly the same incredibly rewarding views. This is certainly a necessity for anybody visiting Cape Town and it is highly popular with locals and tourists alike. The hike takes about two hours round trip and is best at sunrise and sunset! Don’t forget a camera – the views are incredible!
Check out Muizenberg
- Muizenberg is right outside of Cape Town and it is the center and soul of surfing culture in South Africa. The vibe is even more laid back here compared to Cape Town. You can find dozens of cafes, yoga shops, and beach shacks to wander into. If you’re feeling adventurous then rent a surfboard and wetsuit and attempt a hand at surfing together. Make sure to check out one of the many yoga studios for a few yoga in the beach!
Getting Around Cape Town
- We stumbled on Cape Town thinking it would be a big city with big city transport options available. This is NOT the case and there really isn’t any efficient method to get around Cape Town. How to see all the amazing things this city is offering is through car. There are lots of choices to rent in South Africa for an affordable price. Our partners, Happy Campers, are superb for anyone seeking to do a short road trip around Cape Town and South Africa. Have a look at their rates here and employ the code TWP5 for a 5% discount!